cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

Building

Style Characteristic
The Jesuit complex in Kutjevo was built in the Baroque style and Baroque arrangement of space, but was also a harmonious redesign of the remains of the medieval (Cisterican) buildings

Architecture Characteristics
The manor house with three wings in the south, the church in the north, the old medieval walls with auxiliary buildings, and a small round tower in the northeast, clearly define the basic ground plan of an irregular square around an inner courtyard. This plan was to a great measure determined by the medieval remains. The residence and church, which became the parish church in 1786, were central to the Jesuit complex. There were also auxiliary buildings necessary for running the estate, mostly built along the inside of the wall, a kitchen garden, lake with turtles, bowling alley and a prison in the tower. In the early eighteenth century the moat of the former small fort built in the late fifteenth or early sixteenth century was dried out and partly filled in.
The main south wing of the Jesuit manor was in the axis of the main street leading from the south, from the Po×ega valley, to the village. This south fašade of the manor is symmetrical and eleven windows wide with a central bay designed like a tower and with gabled corner projections where the side wings join the main fašade. This distribution is modelled on the fašade of the original Cistercian abbey in Citeaux in France. The medieval Kutjevo abbey probably had a similar main south fašade. The Baroque onion dome on the tower and the church bell tower, in the background, give a special and recognisable stamp to the main fašade.
The U-shaped Jesuit manor house was built on three levels, a ground floor, first floor and attic. The plans of the ground and first floor are simply designed: arcaded corridors on the ground floor and the first floor (later walled in) on the courtyard side of the building leading into rooms with windows on the outer facades. The house was entered from the carriage entrance in the middle of the main south wing, and there was also an old entrance on the west wing. The main hall on the first floor was the refectory, situated on the axis of the south fašade and illuminated through the windows of the central tower.
In the nineteenth century, before the time of the TurkoviŠ family, the main fašade of the residence was changed: the Baroque decorative pilasters were removed and a pyramidal roof replaced the onion dome of the central tower. From 1886 to 1888, at the time of the TurkoviŠ family, the manor and the church went through a historicist reconstruction. The Baroque onion dome of the church tower was replaced by the pyramidal steeple that it still has. The manor was renewed and turned into residential and business premises. It got a library, archive, archaeological collection and collection of folk handicrafts. In the early twentieth century architect Viktor KovaŔiŠ renewed the manor. At the end of October 1918, when Austria-Hungary fell apart, the manor was plundered and set on fire: the side wings were destroyed, the roof of the south wing burnt down, the Baroque barrel and barrel-groin vaults were also destroyed, and the interior was completely ruined. Only the church suffered little damage. By 1922 Baron TurkoviŠ repaired part of the manor and made it habitable, and the entire manor was renewed by 1925 but with a simple main fašade and without the side wings. After the Second World War it was used as a warehouse and offices. Attempts to renew it in 1965/66 did not succeed, but it was renovated in the 1990s.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance