cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

History

The Mali Kalnik or Gornja Rijeka fief changed many owners and families from the thirteenth century, especially until the end of the sixteenth century when the estate and the old castle became the property of the Orehoczy family, who built the manor house in Gornja Rijeka. Mali Kalnik belonged to that family from 1599 to 1730, when it passed through marriage first to the Counts Kegleviĉ until 1763, then to the Counts Chamaré until 1818, and then to the Counts Erdödy.
In 1858 Gornja Rijeka became the property of Countess Sidonija Erdödy de Rubido, about whom more will be said later. After the death of her husband Antun de Rubido of Zagorje, Sidonija withdrew from public life and moved to Gornja Rijeka where she lived to her death in 1884. The estate was inherited by her son Radoslav Rubido, who sold Gornja Rijeka in 1898 to Sigismund de Micewski, the husband of his daughter Marijeta (Eta). After 1905 or 1906, when Eta sold the manor and estate, there was a large number of co-owners. Between 1907 and 1912 the estate was parcelled out and sold to peasants. The manor house was owned by the brothers Šandor and Ivan Grünwald-Gorjan who sold it to Antun Turk, merchant from Gornja Rijeka, on the eve of the Second World War. During the Second World War it was first a camp for Jews, in 1942, then for war orphans from Bosnia (from Mt. Kozara). After the Second World War it was an elementary school until 1984, then it stood empty falling into ruin and decay.
Northeast of Gornja Rijeka, on the rocky and inaccessible Mt. Kalnik, are the traces of the medieval castle Mali Kalnik (castrum Minor Kemlek) that was already a ruin in the eighteenth century. It was first mentioned in 1334 as a feudal castle with two towers. On top of the east tower was the chapel of St Barbara. Mali Kalnik Castle was the seat of the feudal estate until the mid-seventeenth century, when the Reka Curia was first built (in about 1650), and then the manor house in Gornja Rijeka.
Documents from 1573 show that the castle of Kys Kemlek and the settlements Deklešinec and Rijeka (Gornja and Donja) belonged to the Mali Kalnik fief. In 1731 the estate had 150 acres of allodial land, 150 diggers of vineyards, 75 mowers of hayfields, and two forests. In the early twentieth century the Gornja Rijeka estate consisted of the manor house and farmyard with farm buildings (2 acres and 842 m2), two parks, the house near the manor, houses no. 9, 10 and 11, a house and mill in Brdovina, a forest and fish pool in Vranèa, a forest, vineyard and hayfield in Nepomucen, arable land, hayfields and pastures in Pofuki, and Brezje Forest in Kiš-Marton.
Between 1650 and 1663 Vladislav Orehoczy the younger built the manor house in Gornja Rijeka on the site of the old curia. Until 1946 the northeast tower held the chapel of St John Nepomuk, made by Countess Amalija Harbuval-Chamaré. By permission of Aleksandar Alagoviĉ (1760-1837), Archbishop of Zagreb, in 1830 the house chapel in Gornja Rijeka became a public chapel and the owners of the manor its patrons (collators). In 1842 the chapel had an altar with a tabernacle, cross, canonical tablets, candlesticks, other small inventory and a large chandelier. In 1866 it got an organ and sacristy, and in 1928 a bell was brought from the parish church.
The rococo altar-tabernacle with two angels and the statue of St John Nepomuk has since 1946 been in the parish church in Gornja Rijeka. The most famous of the many owners and residents of the manor house in Gornja Rijeka was Sidonija de Rubido nee Countess Erdödy.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance