cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci


Style Characteristic
The manor and its landscape park were originally designed in the Baroque style, which can be read from its situation in the surroundings

Architecture Characteristics
Since its construction the house has gone through four major architectural changes and several minor ones. First the old two-storey rectangular curia was enlarged and turned into a two-storey castellum with three wings and four corner towers. The old curia was the south wing of the castle, and a wall to close an inner square courtyard was built instead of a west wing. According to descriptions from 1731, the house had eight rooms on the first floor and three on the ground floor, two stores and two kitchens. It was surrounded by various buildings (stables, barns and stores), and had an orchard to the east and south.

At the end of the eighteenth or the beginning of the nineteenth century, probably between 1791 and 1806 when Count Ivan (Sigismund) ChamarÚ owned Gornja Rijeka, the northwest and southwest towers and the wall (west wing) were pulled down, the north and south wing of the manor extended westwards, and a new wall (west wing) built with a Neoclassical portal and four stone vases. The manor got a closed courtyard again, now no longer square but rectangular with the longer axis in the east-west direction. The interior was arranged at the same time and a room in the southeast tower painted with allegorical scenes. Since the north and south wing have different widths, the axis of the principal (east) fašade and of the main entrance to the manor house does not coincide with the axis of the courtyard and the portal in the courtyard wall. The reconstruction from the end of the eighteenth century emphasized the manorĺs Baroque characteristics.
In the mid-nineteenth century, when Sidonija Erd÷dy-Rubido owned the manor, a new roof was put on, the interior arranged and the manor chapel renovated, and the facades painted light blue with brilliant red architectural decorations. At the end of the nineteenth century the principal fašade was given historicist features (a step-like gable above the central projection) and there was minor architectural reconstruction, e.g. making new and changing old windows on the west gables and painting the front ochre.
Todayĺs ground plan is U-shaped, with a corridor running along the courtyard side and rooms along the external facades. The newer two-flight staircase on the join of the south and east wing of the building and the older winding staircase in the north wing connect the ground floor and the first floor. All the ground-floor rooms have barrel vaults, and the corridor has cross vaults. On the first floor the main hall has a mirror vault, and the two small rooms on the end of the corridor in the north wing are also vaulted.

The three striking features of the manor house are the main hall and the two towers. The hall is above the entrance, it is rectangular with two windows on the principal fašade and two overlooking the courtyard. It is higher than any other room on the first floor and interrupts the corridor that runs around the courtyard side of the building. The whole house is in a very bad state and none of the original interior is left. Some of the furniture is in a house in Gornja Rijeka, where the last owner Antun Turk moved it.

You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance