cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

History

The Požega Collegiate Chapter was founded between 1221 and 1230 as part of the Pecs Bishopric. A collegiate chapter (capitula collegiata) is formed when priests join in an association whose members (canons) live according to certain rules. In north Croatia the best known were the Požega Chapter and the Čazma Chapter. There were also cathedral chapters (capitula cathedralia), founded alongside bishopric churches (cathedrals) and the bishop’s residence, e.g. the Zagreb Chapter. Chapters performed the services of credible location (locus credibilis). On the basis of royal charters they registered nobles or church communities as the possessors of land, determined boundary lines and issued legal charters about them. They also copied and authenticated various documents. In 1536 the canons of the Požega Chapter fled from the Turks to Slovakia and Pecs taking their written records with them, and the chapter was never renewed. The archives were taken to Budapest, where they were kept until 1960 when they were handed over to the Croatian State Archives in Zagreb.
The Turks conquered Kaptol on 15 January 1537 and remained there until 1687. During the whole period they kept a military garrison in Kaptol Castle. The Franciscans from nearby Velika served the spiritual needs of the population.
After Slavonia was liberated from the Turks a feudal estate was founded in Kaptol, which Emperor Leopold I granted in 1701 to Petar Crnković, Bishop of Đakovo and Bosnia, and after him to his successor Baron Juraj Patačić. From 1707 to 1773 Kaptol belonged to the Bishops of Srijem, then to the Đakovo Chapter until 1877, when Count Antun Attems purchased it. At the turn of the nineteenth century Baron Antun Riese was master of Kaptol. Baroness Aurelija Podmanicky and the Turković brothers are also mentioned as its owners. In about 1910 it was owned by Dr Đuro Horvat, an attorney from Samobor, and Karlo Kauschek, a landowner in Herbersdorf. The last owner was the Brod Real-Estate Municipality, which held Kaptol until 1945.
In 1702 the Kaptol fief covered 1,200 acres of land and had 50 holdings (only 15 holdings were cultivated). There were a total of 54 households. After 1745 the estate had 204 serfs, 1,439.2 acres of arable land and 862 mowers of hayfields. In the 1745-1766 period there were 84 holdings. At the turn of the nineteenth century the estate covered 3,302 ha (5,742 acres) of land: 594 ha of arable land, 37 ha of meadows, 11 ha of vineyards, 202 ha of pastures, 5 ha of vegetable gardens and 2,453 ha of forests.
When Count Attems owned the estate, St George’s was deconsecrated and turned into a granary. It burned down after the First World War. In the mid-eighteenth century the castle was reconstructed and partly converted into a manor house. After the necessary alterations the south part became residential. The west part of the south castle wing was already in ruins in the mid-nineteenth century; its east part was inhabited until a fire in May 1943, which destroyed the roof. After that the castle was deserted and left to ruin. There were attempts to renew it after the Second World War, but these were unsuccessful. Although it is protected, it has continued to decay year after year and today all that remains is a ruin in the centre of the village. The inner castle was built in about 1500.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance