cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

History

The floor mosaic in the entrance corridor and the Neoclassical balcony railing show the year 1819. We do not yet know whether this is the year when the present manor house was built, or whether the old curia was reconstructed in the second half of the eighteenth century and then renovated in 1819. The old curia may have been enlarged by its owner Baron Ivan Peterffy after 1754, and given its final appearance by Count Jakob Svetić in 1819.
In the eighteenth century the manor house in Trenkovo became the seat of the Velika estate, an old and large feudal estate dating from medieval pre-Turkish times. Velika was first mentioned in old documents in 1332. In the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries nobles from the Sudan family owned it, they had the title of Velika, and after the fourteenth century the Bekeffys of Velika owned it. The fief was managed from a castle (Castrum Welyke) that was already deserted and partly ruined in Turkish times. It stood on a hill above Velika market place, which also had a Franciscan monastery (pulled down in the twentieth century) and the parish church of St Augustine (reconstructed in the eighteenth century).
When the Velika feudal estate was set up after liberation from the Turks it was well populated (465 houses and households), which was unusual for Slavonian estates. Velika was estimated at 40,000 forints and in 1702 Emperor Leopold I gave it to his privy counsellor Count Leon Ullefeld. After his death, on 13 October 1719 Emperor Charles VI gave Velika to Count Franz Anton Wallsegg, privy counsellor and president of the Court Treasury. On 18 May 1744 Count Nikola Stella, guardian of the minor Count Franjo Josip Wallsegg, sold Velika to Colonel Baron Trenk (Trenck) for 29,300 forints. Despite Trenk’s will naming his relative Fridrik Trenk as his heir, in 1749 the Court Treasury confiscated all Baron Trenk’s lands. In 1753 Velika was publicly auctioned. On 22 August 1754 Empress Maria Theresa granted the estate to Baron Ivan Peterffy de Somoskeö and his wife Karolina nee Baroness de Nefzen, for compensation of 45,000 forints. In 1798 Count Jakob Svetič became the master of Velika, and his heirs were still holding the estate in 1848. In 1902 Gabrijela de Rakodczay (d. 1935) owned Mitrovica (Trenkovo) and Skomnić, and she left Trenkovo to Gabrijela de Eisner from Zagreb.
The 1736 census showed that the Velika estate had 40 villages and settlements with 652 households and 468 horses, 820 oxen, 1,002 cows and heifers, 1,264 sheep and goats, 1,627 pigs, 113 beehives and 76 water mills. At that time the estate had 2,459 acres of arable land, 712 hoes of vineyards, 982 mowers of hayfields and 375.5 acres of plum orchards. In 1745 Velika had 203 holdings with 742 serfs, 1,950 acres of arable land and 1,599 mowers of hayfields.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance