cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

Gardens in history

No trace remains of the garden that once grew here. The oldest evidence is the 1860 cadastral map, but the house had by then been there a full 250 years and the garden must also have been early. The garden shown south-west of the manor on the cadastral map suggests that it dated from an earlier period. It is geometrically laid out with main and secondary paths, bounded by a retaining wall like in a graveyard as Matoš wrote, giving the impression that it must have been an early baroque garden similar to that in Klenovnik, originating from the medieval and Renaissance schemes of garden layout.
The garden in front of the south face was two rectangles of 30 x 30 metres, symmetrically placed in relation to the wall. The rectangles were divided by a wide central path leading to the entrance, and smaller paths divided them into four lesser quandrangles. Greenhouses were placed symmetrically on each side of the house, at the beginning of the park that extended behind. This typical classical layout certainly predated 1860. Nothing is left of it but the entrance porch. Matoš saw the greenhouses in 1907, but they were smashed. The parterre garden had been replaced by a more romanticised one but Matoš could not have seen this either for by his time it was almost completely overgrown. He does mention a semi-circular path "without benches and with broken and crumbling statuary". At the end of the nineteenth century spruce trees were planted around the manor but after 1905 the owner cut these down and had garden and park ploughed up for crops.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance