cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

History

There was a medieval castle in Ludbreg mentioned in 1320 as a military castrurn. During the time of the Turkish invasions the owners were the Turoczy family who converted the castrum into a Renaissance castle. It was a square four-storey keep with an inner courtyard surrounded by walls 2.7 m high with four strong towers and a moat and drawbridge. At the end of the seventeenth century the "fortress", "castle" or "old town" as it is variously called in documents came into the ownership of Count Adam Batthyany and his wife Eleonora nee Countess Strattmann. It was in a bad state of repair but had glazed windows. The ground-floor windows were barred and there were green tiled stove of pre-baroque type with 80 tiles, there were also lavatories to some of the rooms. The new owners only had some of the rooms fitted for living.
The baroque house of today was built by Count Ludovik Batthyany who incorporated the old Renaissance castle in it. Work began in 1745. It was a brick-built, four-storey building, the top floor being mansard which was renovated in the nineteenth century to attain its present appearance. The roof height was left unchanged, but the overall proportions were upset so that today the house seems too high for its surroundings. The renovations were the work of Joseph Hueber, the most outstanding builder of the second half of the eighteenth century in Graz.
The oldest known owners of Ludbreg were the Paližna family and Ivan of Paližna is known as one of the most outstanding Croatian priors of the Hospitallers. At the beginning of the fourteenth century the Ludbreg domain was held by the Gostović family. After they died out the Croato-Hungarian King Ludovik I conferred the castle and domain of Ludbreg 1360 on Ivan Chuz. In 1404 the domain belonged to Benedikt Turoczy, whose family remained in possession of Ludbreg until 1630 when the last member of the family died. The domain came under royal administration until 1638 when it was given to Count Vuk Erdody. In 1695 the domain was purchased by Adam Batthyany, whose family built the present manor and manorial buildings. The last owner was Prince Edmund Batthyany who died in 1915. By royal assent the remaining estate passed to the othex branch of the family, the Strattmanns. In 1923 Ladislav Batthyany-Strattmann sold manor house and estate to the Berger Brothers Company in Zagreb who Bald the land to peasants. In 1939 the manor was bought by the Ludbreg commune who are still the owners today. The building was damaged during the war. In 1959 Ludbreg was taken over by the "Varteks" clothing factory who continued to occupy it until late eighties.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance