cheap air jordans uk cheap mont blanc pens hollister outlet uk adidas jeremy scott uk hollister outlet cheap air jordans gucci belts uk nike shox uk cheap nike air max 90 gucci belt uk

Hrvatski dvorci
 
HR | EN
 
 
 

History

A charter issued by King Andreas II mentions a castle in Donja Stubica as early as 1209 (castellum also Zthwbycza). From the thirteenth to the fifteenth century Stubica belonged to the Aka clan, the Arland I branch. In 1564 half of Stubica Castle and Susedgrad were bought from its owner Andrija Batori by the Hungarian noble Franjo Tahi. The castle in Donja Stubica was badly damaged in the peasant revolt and fell into increasing ruin until Regina Drašković nee Domjanić had it pulled down at the end of 1790 and built the baroque manor of Stubički Golubovec.
Golubovec was an estate halfway between Donja (Lower) and Gornja (Upper) Stubica. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries it was owned by members of the family of Baron Mallakoczy de Szomszedvar (Susedgrad). In 1805 the Domjanić family from Zelina, whose last descendant was the poet Dragutin Domjanić, sold it to Bishop Maksimilijan de Vrhovac of Zagreb, after whom Maksimir Park in Zagreb is named. He bequeathed Stubički Golubovec to his niece Countess Ana Sermage of Susedgrad and Medvedgrad, after whose death it passed to her daughter Antonia, wife of Baron Levin Rauch de Nyek, Ban of Croatia, one of the signatories of the Croato-Hungarian Compromise. When Alica Rauch, daughter of Antonija and Levin, married Baron Christian Steeb in 1877, Stubički Golubovec passed to the Steeb family and they lived there until 1945 when they moved to Austria.
It is not known when Golubovec was built. The seventeenth-century Valvasor Map shows it as a fortified moated building. Old documents mention a Domjanić curia on the site in the eighties of the eighteenth century. In the 1783 list of landed property owned by Regina Drašković nee Domjanić gardens are mentioned around the curia (locus curialis) covering three acres. It is supposed that Regina Drašković pulled down Stubica Castle at the end of the eighteenth century and added to and remodelled the curia, turning it into a manor house. This is supported by the year 1800 carved into the small bench of the staircase balustrade. After Regina's death in 1802 Golubovec was inherited by her brothers Josip and Franjo Domjanić, who sold it at the end of 1804 to Maksimilijan de Vrhovac (1752-1827).
Vrhovac became owner of the manor on New Year's day 1805 and in 1806 he also became owner of Stubičke Toplice, which he bought from Count Vojkffy, and the curia of Donji Golubovec under Stubički Golubovec, previously owned by Anatolij a Augustić-MaurovićKocka nee Kos. In the first years Vrhovac carried out some small repairs. In 1817 and 1818 he built new estate buildings, a mill and a barn, and in 1819 and 1820 he added a balcony supported on pillars on the main northern front and stylistically remodelled the facades. The work was done by Italian masons, the stone pillars and entablature for the balcony were carved by Ignac Tomas of Ljubljana, and its wrought-iron railing was by the locksmith Ivan Gramer of Zagreb. At that time work on the layout of the garden and estate also began. In the days of Vrhovac the main entrance to the house was from the north.
The heirs of Maksimilijan Vrhovac maintained the house and the estate. Greater changes were made when Stubički Golubovec became the property of Levin Rauch. After the 1880 earthquake Rauch renewed the manor and introduced great changes into the garden and the surroundings of the house. He had the windows, the floors and some of the doors changed and put in new Meissen stoves that are still there. He enlarged the park and moved the estate buildings and garden to the east of the house. He closed the northern entrance and made a new drive from the west across a bridge spanning the newly-made lakes. He did a lot to advanced agriculture on the whole estate using technical innovations and experts from Italy and France, and he bought agricultural machinery in Germany and England. It was under Rauch that the Golubovec estate attained its peak.
The house and garden survived the war without any damage. In 1944 all the walls of the manor were renovated. From 1945 to the present the manor has changed many users, most of whom only took from the house and garden, giving back little or nothing. They managed to destroy both, and today great renovation efforts are being made. Until 1952 Stubički Golubovec housed a Party school, then it was empty for six years, and in 1958 it became a children's home. In that year work was begun to turn it into a rest centre, but nothing came of it. After 1960 the park was administered by the forestry commission, and the manor and estate buildings used as a chicken farm. In 1969 the commune assigned the manor to the Historical Museum of Croatia from Zagreb, who used it until 1978 when the Kajkavian Library was moved there from the National and University Library in Zagreb. In February 1989 the Kajkavian Society was founded in the manor as a social organization of citizens whose goal was the collection, preservation and presentation of the Croatian kajkavian cultural heritage.

 
You are:
castle owner
potential buyer
planning a visit to a castle
generally interested in the subject of manors and castles
visiting this website by chance